Re: KEYNAV:GtkMenubBar And Accessibility (bug 53543)

Padraig O'Briain wrote:

> If I understand correctly you are content with F10 posting a submenu as long as
> the focus remains in the menu bar.

Yes...

> If so, what do you want the Escape key to do. Your comments in bug 53544 assume
> that the menu would not be posted. Do they need to be amended if we do post a
> submenu when a menu item is selected?

Personally, I think I'd expect Esc to unpost the menu and remove focus
from the menu bar altogether, giving it back to whatever had focus
previously.

I know Windows just unposts the menu and leaves focus on the menu title,
though... does anybody know of any accessibility reasons why that
behaviour is preferable?  (I can't think of any).

Cheeri,
Calum.