Re: Getting/Setting text attributes for a GtkEntry

Hi Bill,

> > > [...discussion about returning text attributes where there are no
> > > differences between characters...]
>
> It is trivial to return a textrun that encompasses the whole widget.
> However it is not straightforward to return "attributes" over that
> run, since technically there are none!
>
> I am not sure there is useful information to be gleaned here, and
> would prefer not polluting the attribute sets with lots of "default"
> stuff.  Attributes are most interesting when they are
> additions/modifications to the default case.

I still want to know that the text in this widget is Times 12 point bold.  Even
if it's all Times 12 point bold.  Whether I find that out at the widget level,
or at the text attribute level, I want to find it out.  At least one Windows
screen magnifier re-renders as much of the text that they can on the screen when
magnified, so instead of getting chunky text, you get re-rendered text at high
resolution.  They can't be true to the font if they don't know it...

Regards,

Peter Korn
Sun Accessibility team