Re: Unsupportable ATK interfaces??

Hi Niall,

> Does anyone know or have any suggestions on how to
> deal with ATK interfaces that cannot be implemented
> in the underlying toolkit?
> e.g GailCList implements the AtkSelection and AtkTable
> interfaces but there are several attributes to AtkTable
> that are not applicable to a GtlClist widget:
> is_column_selected();
> get_selected_columns();
> get_column_extent_at();

You need to take them on a case-by-case basis, but the rule we followed in the
Java Accessibility API work was simply to return null or false wherever things
weren't appropriate (and the docs for the interfaces all said this explicitly).
In your examples, is_column_selected() would always return false 'cause columns
cannot be selected.  Similarly get_selected_columns() would return null.  I
would think get_column_extent_at() would always return 1.

Regards,

Peter Korn
Sun Accessibility team