Re: GNOME Accessibility for Developers

> Calum Benson <calum benson sun com> writes:
>
> > An early draft of "GNOME Accessibility for Developers", which is
> > intended to give guidance on how to make your applications accessible as
> > you port to 2.0, is now available here:
> > http://developer.gnome.org/projects/gap/guide/gad/
> >
> > Clearly some parts of it haven't been written yet and others need some
> > work, although the UI Guidelines section is looking quite good  :o)
> >
> > If you have any comments, or suggestions for any other topics you would
> > like to see in the guide, please post them to
> > gnome-accessibility-list gnome org, or directly to me if you prefer.
>
> Hi,
>
> A quick comment.  In the section, "Coding Guidelines for Supporting
> Accessibility", in Example 2, you don't free the array you pass in to
> atk_relation_new.  Even better would be to create the array on the
> stack.  Additionally, I thought that atk actually figured out this
> specific relation when you did a gtk_label_set_mnemonic_widget ().

Thanks for this.

I have added code to GAIL to create the LABEL_FOR relationship.

I have two comments about gtk_label_set_mnemonic_widget():

1) It does not seem possible to get a notification if the mnemonic widget is
changed.
2) There does not seem to be any way for a mnemonic widget to know that it has a
label associated with it.

Padraig