Re: Buttons and AtkValue

Padraig O'Briain wrote:

> My excuse here is that I am following Java. AccessibleAbstractButton implements
> AccessibleValue to set a button to be selected (or not) and get the selected
> state. I propose to follow the same convention for ATK.

This still seems broken to me.

For one thing, it complicates life for the AT since it makes it harder
to detect "range controllers" as opposed to just plain
togglebuttons... a range controller with a range of 0 to 1 and no
intermediate values seems like a degenerate case.  OK, a *truly*
degenerate case would have min==max, we ignore that one ;-)

It also seems totally unnecessary since a combination of get_state and
do_action entirely duplicates the functionality of AtkValue for this
case.  Usually I like to keep consistent with the Java API but this
might be an exception.

-Bill

--
Bill Haneman