Re: AtkImage

Marc,

The AtkImage interface started life as a clone of the Java Accessibility
interface AccessibleImage.

The  first widget whose accessible object seemed a candidate for implementing
the AtkImage interface was GtkImage. The only Java component I found which
implemented AccessibleImage was ImageIcon.

I noticed that GtkImage can support images other than icons so I added
get_storage_type() as I thought that one might be interested in the storage type
of an image.

Own Taylor questions the usefulness of this in a mail on gtk-devel-list and Bill
Haneman responded.

------------- Begin Included Message -------------

> * What's the intended usage of atk_image_get_storage_type()?; it
>   seems fairly useless unless the caller navigates back to
>   the GtkImage; at which point, it could find out that information
>   directly.

The caller doesn't have a good way to get back to the GtkImage (since an
"external" caller should not be relying on the accessible being a
subtype of GtkAccessible).

------------- End Included Message -------------

I agree that the set/get_image_description  and get_image_height/width methods
seem to duplicate methods on AtkObject. My weak excuse is that is what the Java
interface provides. Perhaps, Peter can comment on this and the usefulness of the
interface.

Padraig.