Re: [g-a-devel] Marketing: talk on Thursday for EdLUG

Hi Sri,

On Wed, Mar 4, 2015 at 11:27 PM, Sriram Ramkrishna <sri ramkrishna me> wrote:
On Tue, Mar 3, 2015 at 2:56 PM, Magdalen Berns <m berns thismagpie com> wrote:

> Thank you :-) The talk is on Thursday (this week) so I am able to make
> updates to it anytime before then, really!

I went through your slides.  They look pretty good.  I would probably
remove LXDE as I understand it they have switched to using QT and so I
don't know if there are regressions with their a11y support or not.
The GTK+ and LXDE in the same slide might cause some confusion or
maybe someone might move to correct you.

Ah ok, I hadn't heard about that. Thanks for clarifying!

Under contribution, a shoutout to the engagement team would rock.

No problem. Is this the best link to use https://wiki.gnome.org/Engagement, I take it?

You also didn't add a11y as something to contribute to, or maybe that was obvious?

Hopefully the latter, but maybe I could make it more explicit in the header of that slide though. I essentially lifted the first "contributing" slide off a 2012 talk of Marina's from the Boston Summit but took out a few bullets that were less relevant to accessibility contribution. :-)

Thanks again for putting yourself out there and doing a presentation.
I hope you found the materials easy to obtain, I noticed that you got
the right background, so that's pretty awesome.

Credit goes to Marina for that. There's a handy page full of slides from various talks that have been done which makes it much easier to prepare a talk on GNOME![1]

It's great to see you
doing a presentation and talking about GNOME!

I get a little nervous about public speaking, but I am looking forward to it, too. I will hopefully get an audio recording of it to synchronise with the slides. If so I will post it up on planet GNOME, afterwards!

Thanks again,

Magdalen

[1] https://wiki.gnome.org/Engagement/Presentations