Re: [g-a-devel] java-atk-wrapper

On 05/08/2014 11:12 AM, This Magpie wrote:
Hi List,

Hi,

I would like to support the new java wrapper maintainer, Alejandro with the task of maintaining java-atk-wrapper since the whole module needs updating having been abandoned back in 2011[1].

FWIW, I added myself as maintainer because the current ones stopped to work on gnome accessibility a long time ago. But due my lack of time, my work as maintainer would be similar to my small phase as Caribou maintainer: review the patches that the community upload to bugzilla (so they don't got forgotten) and doing releases if needed.

The first commit since 2011, were just this week and, it's fair to say that the module has generally got a bit old and suboptimal over time.[2]
Around 2010 hackfest Ke Wang was providing commits steadily, but in the end he also got sucked in the Sun/Orable debacle.

 I reckon it would really be great to put a bit more brainspace and time into improving things for java (by making use of what the most current java API can offer, for example). I won't have much time over the next 3 months but generally, I would like to have a go at helping get java-atk-wrapper up to scratch when I can, as long as that would not be a problem at all. Does anybody have any thoughts about the module itself?

With your patch, we got java-atk-wrapper compilable. Next step is confirm that it is working.

BR