Re: [g-a-devel] Version 2 numbering

On 27/03/2014 15:58, Mike Gorse wrote:
Atk was started during the GNOME 2 cycle and had version numbers that were 1.x until GNOME 3 was released, at which point the version was renumbered to 2.0.

I don't see versions of glib or glibmm called 3.12. The latest stable glib release I see is called 2.38, with a glib-2-38 branch.

Yeah, I think I was getting mixed up with gtk+ and gtkmm. I noticed a ver2/ver3 thing going on with gtk+ and (apparently) also with atk so I wondered if they were related. Many thanks for your clarification!

Just to make sure I understand it now... are you saying that the current version of atk is usable when programming for either gkt+2 or gtk+3? In other words, even though the API changed for gtk+, glib mostly remained the same - so therefore if I'm using the current version of glib I'll need the current version of atk (regardless of which version of gtk+ I'm using)? Does that sum it up?

John