[g-a-devel] Version 2 numbering

Hi guys,

I'm a bit confused about the "version 2" numbering for libatk. I noticed this morning that a new branch got created for version 3 (the new branch is called "gnome-3-12") and I assume that it's timed to match similar libraries (such as glib / glibmm etc) who also just released version 3.12

However.... the latest atk branch I can find for version 2 is "gnome-2-30" - even though glib and glibmm are now 5 x releases further on, at ver 2.40. Glib and Gtk seem to be developing versions 2 and 3 in parallel. Is that not the case for atk or is there some other explanation for why the version 2 branches haven't moved on since 2.30? It's not a big problem. I'm just curious to understand the difference. Thanks.

John