Re: [g-a-devel] RFC: AtkText simplification (take 2)

[...]
Right now I prefer a). The main problem with b) is that we would have
three pairs of macros that would mean exactly the same.

I'm sorry to disagree here, but I think b) would be better, all things considered, and as long as it's
clearly stated that all those _START boundaries are deprecated as well.

That way it will be perfectly explicit which things are deprecated and which ones are not, and would IMHO
define a clearer path for apps to migrate to the newer API.

Of course, the
main problem of a) is that we don't have right now a specific schedule
for the API break so that means that we don't yet when the generic
boundary would be added (FWIW, this is another candidate for our list
of ATK3 bugs).

Yes, and that would generate IMHO more confusion for implementors that will need to figure out why we have
the _START boundary if that's the only one after deprecating the _END ones.

Thanks,
Mario