Re: [g-a-devel] Key snooping, key events, etc.

On Thu, Feb 21, 2013 at 12:43:01PM GMT, Piñeiro wrote:
On 02/20/2013 07:24 PM, Luke Yelavich wrote:
Hey folks,
I've been playing with QT 5 lately, testing out accessibility, and so far thigs look pretty good. One
thing I've noticed is that I cannot use Orca flat review in Qt apps, which was also the case with Qt 4.
So I've set about trying to work out why this is. I initially thought it was due to Orca not having a
script to work with Qt apps, i.e a toolscript similar to the cally and gail scripts, but I figured there
was more to it than that. So far, I've come to the conclusion that the app toolkit in use, i.e GTK has to
implement some form of key snooping to catch the appropriate keystrokes and send them to atk/at-spi.

Well, I don't know if there is any relation between key events and the
flat review (Joanmarie is the one that could answer that).

But I can explain how the key events registering is implemented.

Thanks for the explanation, this makes sense to me now.

Luke