Re: [g-a-devel] [orca-list] Thunderbird launching very slowly if Orca running. Why happening this?

On 12/08/2011 09:15 PM, Trevor Saunders wrote:

> SO while I understand not wanting that many events I think you want
> that more than the alternative.
>
> I think the solution here needs to be some sort of api change in atk or
> smart events, so ccing g-a-d

Hi, I was been talking with Joanmarie briefly about this, and also
checking when this notification is sent.

In summary, it is sent each time the accessible name for an object
changes. And this includes when you set the initial value, so the reason
of the low start.

So, at this moment I don't think that this should require an API change,
but as you said, smart events. In that sense, just sent it when
required. Some options:

  * Use the same solution that with roles: default value for role is
UNKNOWN. When it is changed to something meaningful (like BUTTON), atk
doesn't sent that notification. So we could just avoid to sent the
name-change notification when you go from not having a name to having a
name, assuming that this is the initial set. Not sure about that, as
this is a real change on the name.
   * I was wondering if this notification is required always. Do we need
to know that a invisible object have changed his name? So probably other
option could be just sent the notification if the object is in a
specific state (ie: being focused).

But this are only initial ideas, that require refinement. I will
investigate it.

BR

--
Alejandro Piñeiro Iglesias