Re: [g-a-devel] How to automatically detect password prompts?

Hi Will,

Willie Walker wrote:
You explicitely named Firefox. But I assume that it applies also to the other browsers? Or am I wrong?

Well...Firefox is currently the only browser that really supports the AT-SPI. As the WebKit work progresses, then it too should support the password role. Note also that some of this also boils down to the content provider marking up their content appropriately so the browser knows what something is. Here's an example from CITA:

http://test.cita.uiuc.edu/aria/tooltip/tooltip2.php

The ARIA spec (http://www.w3.org/TR/wai-aria/) helps provide a standard for people to use to mark up their content, and is what people should adhere to. I know Firefox supports ARIA, but I haven't done a complete survey of all browsers out there to see who else does.

The ARIA FAQ is pretty useful, btw:

http://wiki.codetalks.org/wiki/index.php/Web_2.0_Accessibility_with_WAI-ARIA_FAQ

Hope this helps,

You were indeed helpful. Thanks a lot.