[g-a-devel] How to automatically detect password prompts?

Hi,

I am assisting somebody that is developing word completion for the onscreen keyboard onboard. We would like it to have among others the following feature:

Onboard should automatically detect password prompts in order to hide feedback so that another person who is looking at the screen cannot read it from the screen.

Could anybody please tell us, whether there is a reliable way to detect all the password prompts: gksu dialog, policykit authentication window, password entry fields in webpages displayed by the various browser, password prompts in the terminal,... What about AT-SPI?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Francesco