Re: [g-a-devel] Speech-dispatcher/orca integration specification, first draft.

Hello,
> The option to run speech-dispatcher as a system service will not go away,
> however people and distributions will be encouraged to set speech-dispatcher
> et al up to run as part of the user session. Yes, I understand that
> BrlTTY/speakup may not be able to talk to speech-dispatcher as it currently
> stands, however I have a few ideas as to how this could be resolved. Also
> don't forget that PulseAudio's primary developer doesn't recommend running
> PulseAudio system wide, except for special circumstances like embedded
> devices wishing to offer PulseAudio's audio networking features. In any case,
> Ubuntu will be configured to run speech-dispatcher and pulseaudio in the
> user's session, however you will be free to change this should you wish to do
> so.

My intention was not to have the best solution which does the job for me!!!
I am able to reconfigure the soundsystem and speechdispatcher.

The mentioned design will break console accessibility and not all console users
are
powerusers.
They need an easy working setup which has
1. Braille output
2. speech-output for console and grphical environments.

Startting sd in a desktop envrionment will not work for console screenreaders.
Starting speech-dispatcher thorugh init will not work because the soundserver
pulseaudio isn't available in this early boot process.

Just my two cents
Regards
Halim