-----Original Message-----
From: gnome-accessibility-devel-bounces gnome org
[mailto:gnome-accessibility-devel-bounces gnome org] On Behalf Of Willie
Walker
Sent: Friday, January 23, 2009 5:42 AM
To: Michael Pozhidaev
Cc: gnome-accessibility-devel gnome org; orca-list gnome org
Subject: Re: [g-a-devel] [orca-list] X11 error at at-spi-registryd
launch

Hmm...the orca-list might be the wrong place to have this discussion.
gnome-accessibility-devel (CC'd) might be better.

A Google search for "request_code 153 minor_code 3" yielded this page,
which seems to point fingers at the XEvIE extension:

    http://archive.netbsd.se/?ml=xorg-team&a=2008-12&m=9400678

Note sure how to fix it, though,

Will

Michael Pozhidaev wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I am trying to prepare at-spi-1.24.1 for GNOME-2.24 and have a problem

> with at-spi-registryd. When accessibility enabled in gconf there is a
> error message at GNOME startup, that accessibility is requested, but
> is not activated. As I understand, it means at-spi-registryd cannot be

> started. If I run /usr/libexec/at-spi-registryd explicitly  in
> gnome-terminal, I get the message listed below. Please, help me, what
> is wrong. The error message:
>
> The program '<unknown>' received an X Window System error.
> This probably reflects a bug in the program.
> The error was 'BadLength (poly request too large or internal Xlib
length erro'.
>   (Details: serial 13 error_code 16 request_code 153 minor_code 3)
>   (Note to programmers: normally, X errors are reported
asynchronously;