[g-a-devel] intercepting keys

Hi all,

Can someone explain how the registry daemon is supposed to listen for keyboard events? There is a function in deviceeventcontroller.c called spi_controller_register_global_keygrabs which looks like it's supposed to cause the daemon to grab keys, but it seems to do nothing on my system. Instead, it looks like it is each application's responsibility to pass keys along so that, say, Orca will see them (this is done by gail for gtk applications); otherwise Orca won't know if a user presses one of its hot keys. We don't currently have code in the UIA-to-ATK bridge to handle this, so I'm trying to figure out if we need code to intercept keys and pass them on to the registry.

Thanks,
-Mike G-