Re: [g-a-devel] Overview of DBus ATSPI design

[ Li Yuan, Di., 8. Jan. 2008 ]
> One question is how do we handle remote applications that show on the
> current display?

In 2006, we discussed three possible solutions for this:

a) Use application-to-application D-Bus messages via TCP/IP (rather than the
system bus) for remote applications only. All applications would need to be
able to handle this special case.

b) Write a proxying demon that tunnels the necessary accessibility messages
via TCP/IP.

c) Extend D-Bus to support the remote case, e.g. by writing a proxying demon.
This would also be very useful for other users of D-Bus, such as desktop
services. David Zeuthen (from Red Hat) once said at an OpenAccessibility
phone conference that his company would be interested in having such a
solution.

For authentication, Bill Haneman suggested to reuse the solution written for
CORBA/AT-SPI. Do I remember it correctly that an ID is passed via XAtom?

If someone with knowledge of the CORBA/AT-SPI implementation details can
explain how exactly it is currently done for AT-SPI, then this would be
great.

Olaf