Re: [g-a-devel] AccessibleDeviceEventMask and SPI_registerDeviceEventListener()

Hi Sam,

On Fri, Dec 12, 2008 at 2:33 PM, Quiring, Sam <Sam Quiring windriver com> wrote:
Hi Nagappan,

Really?  So the Python at-spi interface is better maintained than the C interface?  After reading your email I did some googling (I've been ignoring all things python since I'm working in C).  I see that there is quite a bit of at-spi activity in Python, for example it looks like LDTP has abandoned C and is exclusively being worked on in Python now, is that true?.  Thanks a lot for the heads up.

The current recording framework (generation of scripts based on events), is completely using pyatspi and we are working on moving the script execution framework to use pyatspi.

Is reliability a problem for other parts of the at-spi C interface?  Or is it mainly just an issue with events?

I noticed the issue is just for events.

Thanks
Nagappan

-Sam

From: Nagappan A [mailto:nagappan gmail com]
Sent: Friday, December 12, 2008 1:04 PM
To: Quiring, Sam
Cc: gnome-accessibility-devel gnome org
Subject: Re: [g-a-devel] AccessibleDeviceEventMask and SPI_registerDeviceEventListener()

Hi Sam,

2008/12/12 Quiring, Sam <Sam Quiring windriver com>
Greetings,

I have this call in my app:

    #define BUTTON_EVENTS (SPI_BUTTON_PRESSED | SPI_BUTTON_RELEASED)
    SPI_registerDeviceEventListener(mouse_device_listener, BUTTON_EVENTS, 0);
My read of the documentation, http://library.gnome.org/devel/at-spi-cspi/stable/at-spi-cspi-Registry-queries.html#SPI-registerDeviceEventListener, is that my listener should receive all button_press and button_release events.  Most runs of my application never receive any button_release events.  Sometimes the app receives 1 button_release.  I have no log at this time that shows more than 1 button_release.

On the other hand, I believe I am receiving the correct amount of button_pressed events.

The events generated in CSPI is not reliable as compared to the pyatspi. If possible, I recommend to use pyatspi. Also another advantage will be, when we move to DBus from CORBA, as of now we don't have CSPI for DBus based implementation.

Thanks
Nagappan

Are there any known bugs in this area?

-Sam