Re: [g-a-devel] About GAIL recent migration

Li Yuan wrote:
> Andr? G. Aragoneses 写道:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I've just read this news:
>>
>> http://blogs.sun.com/wwalker/entry/gail_migrated_into_gtk
>>
>> And was simply wondering then, why the following project still exists:
>>
>> http://svn.gnome.org/svn/gail/trunk/
>>
>> Is it deprecated?
>>
>> Thanks in advance for any insights.
>>
>> 	Andres
>>

> GAIL is merged into GTK+ trunk whose version is 2.14. But the version of GTK+ for GNOME 2.22 is 2.12. So We still need to release GAIL for GNOME 2.22.

Thanks both Willie and Li!

However, what I'm thinking is, if there's still the need of that old
module in that place just for a past version and not trunk, why not
having that old module *only* in the branch(es) where it's needed.
Shouldn't this be dropped from trunk safely or I'm missing something.

By the way, I see that the main entrance point of current gail in trunk
is the function gail_accessibility_module_init
(gtk+/trunk/modules/other/gail/gail), however I don't find this symbol
in gtk+ main code so, where does gtk_init() function call it and, can it
be disabled in some way?

Thanks in advance,

	Andres