Re: [g-a-devel] Strange crashes with pyatspi

Zack Cerza wrote:
Hi Li,

Li Yuan wrote:
Hi Zack,

Zack Cerza wrote:
Hi all,

So I've been working on a port[0] of dogtail to pyatspi whenever I've been able to for the last few months, and I'm having one major problem: Sometimes the entire session just crashes. That's right, the whole session. :(

I've spent a lot of time trying to debug this to no avail. The furthest I've gotten is that sometimes at-spi-registryd gets a SIGABRT, and exits. The next time dogtail (or even accerciser) starts after this, the session goes *BOOM*. Even toggling /desktop/gnome/interface/accessibility to 'false', and then to 'true' after at-spi-registryd dies will trigger this.

The most reliable way I've found to reproduce the problem is:

1 Run accerciser.
2 Run sniff (from dogtail).
3 Here, one of them might hang.
4 Close both (^C or kill if necessary).
5 Here, at-spi-registryd dies.
Do you have a trace for this crash?

Thanks,
Li

Heh, so I spent some time trying to reproduce the crash, and eventually gave up for a while, leaving gdb attached to at-spi-registryd. I resumed porting dogtail, and after a couple hours I got one :)

Attached. Thanks for taking a look.

Zack

Has anyone found anything useful in this crash, or maybe even seen the crash themselves?

Zack

6 Run sniff or accerciser.
7 Here, the session goes down, and you get GDM back.

I don't know much else about what's causing this, but it's definitely a blocker for ditching the mess that is pyspi (even though pyspi is very broken in F7). Any help I could get would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Zack

[0] http://svn.gnome.org/viewcvs/dogtail/branches/pyatspi/