Re: [g-a-devel] gnome-mag and LoginHelper interface

Carlos Eduardo Rodrigues Diógenes wrote:
Hi all!

Hi Bill! Some time ago you told me that removing the LoginHelper
interface from gnome-mag would broken it. Could you provide me use cases
where I can see the importance of this interface and how it's act?
Hi Carlos;

The primary use for LoginHelper (which should probably have been called AuthenticationHelper instead) is to allow assistive technologies and services to continue to operate during screen blanking and various kinds of authentication processes. For instance, when the screensaver lock is active, the magnifier window cannot normally be seen. The LoginHelper interface allows the screensaver dialog to query whether any assistive technologies or services need access to desktop services during authentication. In the magnifier+screensaver use case, LoginHelper tells the screensaver that access to the Xserver display is required, and that a particular window (the magnifier's toplevel window) needs to be raised.

Best regards,

Bill
Best regards,
Carlos.