Re: [g-a-devel] gnome-speech problem

Hi:

There's some troubleshooting information for gnome-speech here:

 http://live.gnome.org/Orca/GnomeSpeech

In addition, I'd recommend you migrate to Orca (http://live.gnome.org/Orca) from Gnopernicus since Orca has replaced Gnopernicus as the screen reader for GNOME as of GNOME 2.16.

Hope this helps!

Will

Purushotham Nayak wrote:
HI,

I'm trying to use gnopernicus with gnome-speech. I have festival installed and it runs very well from the command line. But when I run the test-speech command I get an error. I have listed the output below and also my /etc/hosts file. If someone can give me any pointers it would be a great help.

[user bsdbox ~]$ test-speech
1: OAFIID:GNOME_Speech_SynthesisDriver_Festival:proto0.3

Select a server: 1
Attempting to activate OAFIID:GNOME_Speech_SynthesisDriver_Festival:proto0.3.
Server could not be initialized.
[user bsdbox ~]$

/etc/hosts
127.0.0.1 localhost