Re: [g-a-devel] speech recognition and accessibility

Nickolay V. Shmyrev wrote:
В Птн, 08/06/2007 в 23:26 -0700, Peter Korn пишет:
Hi Nickolay,

I agree with Malte - this technology has much wider application than just for those interested in GOK; it probably makes more sense to keep it separate.

Heh, I was too fast writing that. I completely forgot that the code is
very old and rather outdated nowadays. And there is not so much code to
share - only gok-spy actually. Now the only concern is the speed of
inclusion but its a minor issue.

What are your long term plans for it? Do you envision this remaining a command-and-control application, or do you want to also include dictation? Do you have a long term plan to keep working on this?

Since so many people are interested in dictation, it will be supported.
I'm afraid current state of art in SR doesn't allow perfect dictation
but lets hope situation will improve one day. We can also allow
by-letter dictation of first stages.

Also, do you have any users with physical impairments involved in the project?

We'd certainly like to see someone involved.

You should contact this group http://sourceforge.net/projects/speech2text/ (Peter on CC)

They are working on a similar project with Qt.

Henrik