Re: [g-a-devel] Status of IBM a11y

On the other hand, I strongly suspect there are further potential contributors
who don't yet appreciate the opportunities that open development models offer.
The old, proprietary mindset of lobbying corporations to get work done, and of
believing that technical expertise lies elsewhere - that software is produced
by proprietary vendors and consumed by everyone else - needs to undergo a
transformation.

Yeah! We also want users and their supporters to get involved creating
the solutions they want. It's not just code contributions.

Apart from www.oatsoft.org I also keep chipping away by writing
letters and articles to the UK Ability magazine
(http://www.abilitymagazine.org.uk) about the benefits of the Open
model. My strategy is to be a 'dripping tap' and I've just sumbitted
an article on the Mozilla Live access CD that we gave away at CSUN. I
encourage others to do like wise in similar magazines in other
countries. The proprietary model is so ingrained it needs those
guerrilla marketing tactics (which also happen to match Open Source's
attention to recognising users needs).

--
Steve Lee