Re: [g-a-devel] Trying to understand STATE_SENSITIVE

Thanks Bill.

- Aaron

Bill Haneman wrote:
David Bolter wrote:
sigh... make that "shouldn't have"...  ever had one of those days?

Yes :-)

Folks, the truth is I just don't know/remember at the moment, without digging deep into the toolkits. I'm on leave today and this weekend, so can't be all that useful until Monday. I'll try to figure out, among other things, what this was supposed to mean in Java-land, because a number of states including the ones under current discussion were a legacy inherited from javax.accessibility. Maybe Peter K. knows?

I agree that we shouldn't drag useless stuff around forever, but my concern is that just because something doesn't make sense to myself and you guys at this moment, it doesn't mean that it wasn't useful and sensible when originally mooted. Now seems like a good time to nail it down (and document it better than it was apparently documented before).

Bill