Re: [g-a-devel] Use case for ATK_STATE_ARMED? Suggest deprecating if none.

Aaron Leventhal wrote:
I'm cleaning up Mozilla's state code today, that's why all the questions
about states.

ATK_STATE_ARMED -- indicates the object is armed.

I had to do a Google code search to find this, and the only place I see
it being used is in gailbutton.c

It's used only as the button is pressed and released, which I think is basically just a presentation effect with no meaning. A state change is fired, which to me is just an extra event with no purpose.
Not entirely - ARMED means that if a button release occurs over the widget in question, it will be activated. Not sure any AT is using this info ATM but arguably still useful (since the ARMED state says something about the behavior of the widget 'if' certain things happen - in this case, a mouse button release within the object's bounds).
What's the use case for ATK_STATE_ARMED? How does a user benefit? Or
should it be removed.
Hard to say about this one. But removal is not an option really - we could deprecate it but not sure what meaning that would have.

Bill
- Aaron