Re: [g-a-devel] [Kde-accessibility] [Accessibility] a11y / D-Bus / lifecycle ...

Michael Meeks wrote:
On Tue, 2007-12-18 at 15:55 +0800, Li Yuan wrote:
        Quite - me neither ;-) OTOH, it's a hard issue to fix: and
precedent-wise, MSAA, IAcc2, UIA, UNO a11y and atk use reference
counting :-)
Not sure if I understand this correctly. You are talking about the
possibility for object lifecycle management in D-Bus, right? Then could
we implement the Bonobo_Unknown interface in at-spi to handle the
lifecycle problem?

	Yes; easily - but explicit lifecycle management is a total nightmare
for performance, efficiency, etc.

Hi Li, Michael; :-)

I agree with Michael here, if we can figure out a way to get rid of the cross-process lifecycle management (maybe client-side stubs that 'die' gracefully, or something similar?) then it would be a good thing. Perhaps the current changes are the right time to introduce such a change, since other behavioral things would be sure to change too.

Bill