Re: [g-a-devel] Gnome accessibility projects list

>>> What the tiger prints is an embossed graphic with the picture of the
>>> dog,
>>
>>So not only what I described holds, but it also has an outline >>detection
>>algorithm?
>
>(for deciding what to emboss in the case of a photograph, for instance)

Huh, sorry, I don't know what that means. The Tiger driver has to somehow
translate the picture to a dot matrix and then overlay that dot matrix with
braille text.

Yes, and I'm talking about the picture to dot matrix operation.  Unless
you already have a black and white picture, there's some algorithm that
is needed to decide which dots should be printed: a yellow object, for
instance, should probably not have its inside embossed, only the
outline should.

The driver is doing some kind of transformation to 8 shades of grey. White is then left out, black is printed as a dot with full height, and the 6 more levels of grey are printed as 6 height levels. There is no outline function available.

Ciao

Michael