Re: [g-a-devel] Gnome accessibility projects list

Michael Zacherle, le Sat 28 Oct 2006 20:56:28 +0200, a écrit :
> >Samuel Thibault, le Sat 28 Oct 2006 20:38:25 +0200, a écrit :
> >>
> >>So not only what I described holds, but it also has an outline detection
> >>algorithm?
> >
> >(for deciding what to emboss in the case of a photograph, for instance)
>
> Huh, sorry, I don't know what that means. The Tiger driver has to somehow
> translate the picture to a dot matrix and then overlay that dot matrix with
> braille text.

Yes, and I'm talking about the picture to dot matrix operation.  Unless
you already have a black and white picture, there's some algorithm that
is needed to decide which dots should be printed: a yellow object, for
instance, should probably not have its inside embossed, only the
outline should.

Samuel