[g-a-devel] Ubiquity - Not fully accessible.

Hi all
Upon getting a few final things fixed up for the live CD today, I tested
gnopernicus with speech, and ubiquity. What has been previously stated
about little to no accessibility for the installer is very much true, in
the case of speech. There is absolutely no speech feedback given when
one moves around the installer dialogs, etc. I didn't go very far into
the installer, but the first couple of dialogs told me enough.

We need to nut out a way we can get the installer speaking. The way
everything works is listed below.
* On the live CD, the ubuntu user is created, and accessibility settings
are configured, if requested.
* The install icon on the desktop launches Ubiquity, with gksudo so the
installer has root access.
* The accessibility tools have no access to a GTK application's
accessibility info if it is running as another user.

I am CCing the gnome accessibility dev list to see whether we can get
some ideas from that direction. In my view, accessibility is not much
use on the live CD if it is not useful to help get the OS installed by a
user independantly.

So lets think this one through, and see what we can come up with.

Thanks for everybody's help in advance.
--
Luke Yelavich
GPG key: 0xD06320CE