Re: [g-a-devel] Ubiquity - Not fully accessible.

Hi all,

First of all, I don't claim to be an expert in either  security or the inner
workings of Ubuntu itself, so there may be very good reasons why the
following wouldn't be feasible; However, here goes:

At least for the short term, why not set up  a script that would only run if
the accessible boot were selected.  This script would setuid ubiquity, and
any other necessary files.  It would also modify and or copy a new installer
item into the Ubuntu user's desktop folder that wouldn't make use of gksudo.

my thought is that this approach could in theory,, present somewhat of a
security vulnerability; However, again, maybe I'm missing something, but it
seems to me that worrying overly much about security on a live cd is sort of
like trying to close the barn door after the horses have gotten out.

As I've said before, and will continue to stress, I very much appreciate all
the effort that has gone into this project thus far and ultimately, I'm sure
that the final solution will be very workable, elegant, and secure.  But for
the time being, those of us who rely on assistive technology really just
want the ability to get the OS up and running, and whether the short term
solution is elegant, secure, or even officially supported doesn't really
much matter.
So, at this point, I'm wondering if it would be possible to hack together at
least a short term workaround?  Even if it didn't meet the standards to be
included as part of the official live cd, it would give us a very much
needed way to install the OS, and it would also allow for further testing of
the installer itself in terms of accessibility.

--Al