Re: [g-a-devel] Default magnification values for gnopernicus.

On Thu, 2006-03-02 at 03:56, Luke Yelavich wrote:
> Hi all
> I am working with the Ubuntu guys to get a deacent accessibility
> environment set up for the next release, as the Live CD will have
> accessibility support from the word go, should it be desired.
>
> Talking with other people on the ubuntu-accessibility list, they found
> that the magnifier window, i.e the window that displays the magnified
> content is easier when it is at the bottom of the screen, rather than on
> the right-hand side.
>
> So I have been looking at the best way to implement these settings by
> default, and don't know which direction to take.
>
> I tried modifying the gnopernicus gconf schema to the values suggested,
> and found that the whole screen would be covered by the magnifier window
> when attempting to turn magnifier on as a user with no previously saved
> gconf settings. I was then digging through the package contents, and
> noticed some hard-coded values in srconf/libsrconf/libsrconf.h. I
> haven't tried changing these, but before we implement something for the
> longterm, I would like to know where is the best place to adjust the
> default values?

You have to change the zp_* keys from gnopernicus.schemas file. The
values from  srconf/libsrconf/libsrconf.h are really used if no gconf
value is found.

The default schemas values are  (0, 0) - (MAX_INT, MAX_INT). They will
be truncated to (0, 0) - (screen width, screen height) for every user.
Those values are chosen because a users use to use magnifier in full
screen and not in partial magnified mode.

NOTE: If you change a key in gnopernicus.schemas file, be sure you run
"make install" after and "gconftool --shutdown" otherwise, when
gnopernicus runs for second time is possible to use the old values
because the gconf daemon keeps a "cache" for used keys.

Regards,
Remus