[g-a-devel] Default magnification values for gnopernicus.

Hi all
I am working with the Ubuntu guys to get a deacent accessibility
environment set up for the next release, as the Live CD will have
accessibility support from the word go, should it be desired.

Talking with other people on the ubuntu-accessibility list, they found
that the magnifier window, i.e the window that displays the magnified
content is easier when it is at the bottom of the screen, rather than on
the right-hand side.

So I have been looking at the best way to implement these settings by
default, and don't know which direction to take.

I tried modifying the gnopernicus gconf schema to the values suggested,
and found that the whole screen would be covered by the magnifier window
when attempting to turn magnifier on as a user with no previously saved
gconf settings. I was then digging through the package contents, and
noticed some hard-coded values in srconf/libsrconf/libsrconf.h. I
haven't tried changing these, but before we implement something for the
longterm, I would like to know where is the best place to adjust the
default values?

thanks in advance.
--
Luke Yelavich