Re: [g-a-devel] Happy patch bonanza (more patch bonanza)

    EZ> On Thu, Jun 29, 2006 at 05:53:49PM +0200, Milan Zamazal wrote:
    EZ> (coding "ISO-8859-1")))
    >> Yes, except that it's probably better to specify the coding
    >> without double quotes: (coding ISO-8859-1)

    EZ> Done.  I'm not proficient with LISP: what is the difference?

>From the language view, double quoted elements are strings, while those
without them are symbols.  There is not much difference between strings
and symbols in Festival, but it may be good to be consistent with the
other voice properties (which are symbols).

>From the practical view, symbols are printed without double quotes,
i.e. it is slightly easier to read the coding in programs communicating
with Festival.

Regards,

Milan Zamazal