Re: [g-a-devel] Happy patch bonanza

With regards to gnome-speech, honoring the encoding seems quite easy.
In the function festival_response_sock there is this query:

(list 'VOICEDESC:
 (nth 0 (voice.description '%s))
 (nth 1 (nth 0 (nth 1 (voice.description '%s))))
 (nth 1 (nth 2 (nth 1 (voice.description '%s))))
 (nth 1 (nth 1 (nth 1 (voice.description '%s)))))

Where %s gets substituted to be the voice name.  Besides that maybe is a
good idea to refer to parameters by name using assoc rather than by
position using nth, it sounds trivial to add another parameter to that
and handle it later on.
I think so. Doing all those nth looks ugly and if you are going to be
doing this query constantly it makes sense to the the assoc.

So, if I can get the right help with the LISP code, I can take care of
this.  Meet me on irc.freenode.net or irc.oftc.net as 'enrico' if you'd
like to have a quick session about it.
I can help with the scheme code. Let me look for you in a minute.

ariel