Re: [g-a-devel] Caret moved events for invisible caret? (Resend)

Will,

When the caret is invisible the location has to be considered the current focus. I certainly hope the AT is not depending just on the caret, but is following the focus as well.

The point about clicking was that it is just one way this invisible caret is moved. About the only affect the invisible caret has is that the next find command will start finding text from there.

- Aaron

Willie Walker wrote:
If an assistive technology is depending upon the caret location to know
where the user's current location is in the document, then not emitting
this information is bad.  In addition, clicking is usually only an
option for people who can use the mouse, so cannot necessarily depend
upon that as a solution.

So, at first blush, I think you should emit the caret movement event.

Thanks!

Will