Re: [g-a-devel] Interfacing a non-GTK application with AT-SPI

On Wed, 2006-12-13 at 16:10 -0500, Daniel Drake wrote:
> After some experimentation I managed to write a small C sample app which
> defines the following classes:
>  1. A psuedo-widget GObject class
>  2. A AtkGObjectAccessible class to interact with the pseudo-widget
>  3. An AtkObjectFactory class to generate my AtkGObjectAccessible
>     instances
>  4. An AtkUtil class to do the kind of things that GAIL does
>
> I built this with the long term goal that I'd be able to produce a
> GObject for every one of my custom widgets, with the accessibility
> objects built on top of that. Or alternatively skip the custom GObject
> and just build AtkGObjectAccessible instances on top of the custom
> widgets, if that is possible.

Are these straight GObjects that don't require a display? I had a
thought this past week, about writing some regression tests for LDTP
itself, to make sure that all the bits of the protocol between the
client/server portions are still working, and all that. Ideally, this
would not require an X display. If what you've done is along those
lines, it might be a good place for us to start.

Does that sound reasonable?

Thanks.

-- dobey