Re: [g-a-devel] Accessibility in Preferred Applications

George Kraft IV wrote:
Greetings,

At the GNOME Summit in Boston, the GNOME Accessibility group discussed
moving the bulk of accessibility configuration from Assistive Technology
Preferences to Preferred Applications.  Referenced below is my effort to
do this work.

http://www.cactus.org/~gk4/gnome/prefapps.png

Great!

In parallel I've been working on making some of the gnome settings related to accessibility more discoverable. If we move the AT app selection and activation to Preferred Applications we free up quite a bit of space in the original Assistive Technology dialog. My spec suggests adding links to the keyboard and mouse access features there along with links to themes and fonts which many will find useful. See: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Accessibility/Specs/CommonATConfig

If we make an AT wizard or guide in the future that should also be linked from the main AT page.

George, could we also add a direct launch button for each of these apps? 'Launch now'. We will likely need to add that feature in Ubuntu because we prefer to remove the pre-installed applications from the Applications menu.

Henrik