Re: [g-a-devel] gail: hands off ...

michael meeks wrote:

On Fri, 2005-11-04 at 16:16 +0000, Bill Haneman wrote:
I don't see the problem (yet); I looked at gail_focus_watcher() and don't see anything that assumes that the object in question is a GailWidget or GailObject subclass, only that the peer is a GtkWidget. Maybe the problem is visible in one of the other emission hooks instead?

	Well - eg. in the selection listener - from a 2 second glance:

        else if (window->type == GTK_WINDOW_POPUP)
       {
            GtkWidget *child = gtk_bin_get_child (GTK_BIN (widget));

            if (GTK_IS_WIDGET (child) && GTK_WIDGET_HAS_GRAB (child))

Other sources of problems are "show", "window-state-event" and "configure-event" signal emission hooks: the OOo windows to filter (sub menu and combobox popups) return NULL when asked for an accessible, which is treated like an error by the signal hook code in gail.

Regards,
Oliver