[g-a-devel] gail: hands off ...

Hi Bill,

	So there are some problems with gail & OO.o atk a11y. The main problem
is - that we have our own atk sub-classes to implement a11y for various
GtkFrame derived widgets - and Gail has a rather self-centered view of
the world - that if a widget exists & has an a11y peer it must have been
created by gail & is fair game.

	So - we (currently) have -the most- ghastly hack that involves
pre-loading a shlib that overrides g_signal_add_emission_hook - that
clobbers gail's connections etc. etc. which makes one ill looking at
it ;-)

	It would be nice if instead we could change gail.c's watcher handlers
to have:

	if (g_object_get_data (widget, "gail-hands-off"))
		return TRUE;

	at the top. This particularly bites for menus but also focus bits etc.
otherwise we get warnings & crashers :-)

	Should be easy to patch ? any chance of a fix Bill - I want to kill the
current mess in the atkbridge cws.

	Thanks,

 michael meeks novell com  <><, Pseudo Engineer, itinerant idiot