Re: [g-a-devel] gnome-mag throw an network

Bill Haneman wrote:

HI Carlos:

gnome-mag does work across a network - at least, I've done it myself. It might be that the permissions on your system are not allowing access to the remote X server. I recommend, for best performance, running the magnifier binary on the "target" system, and using the remote system as the "source", but it should work either way. But first, make sure you have access to the remote system's X server by running something simple, like Xclock, on the remote server.

xclock runs ok!

regards

Bill

Carlos Eduardo Rodrigues Diogenes wrote:

Hi Bill,

I was testing today and verify that gnome-mag don't work throw an network. I exported the DISPLAY variable in a remote server and gnome-mag was not able to connect to my remote machine. I try to pass the DISPLAY throw the -t and -s option of gnome-mag, but this does not work too. gnome-mag was programmed in a manner to do not support this kind of option? Can you give me some tips what must be altered in the code to this type of thing work?

Thanks,
Carlos.