Re: [g-a-devel] first attempt at a doc to help with Braille support in Gnopernicus

Hi.

On Sat, Apr 09, 2005 at 11:46:41AM -0400, Dave Mielke wrote:
> [quoted lines by Kenny Hitt on 2005/04/09 at 10:25 -0500]
>
> >I didn't like the initial defaults.  When I tried to
> >change them, I ran into problems because I tried to map my display to
> >more closely act like it does in the console.  Mapping display left and
> >display right to functions like BRL_CMD_FWINLT and BRL_CMD_FWINRT are
> >more useful with my 40 cell display.
>
> The current mappings are still our initial crack at them made some time ago.
> They're certainly far from perfect. This latest thread has reminded me that
> it's time to have another look at them. Perhaps this is something you can do
> for us. When you finally figure out what you think the best mappings are then
> please send them to me. I'm sure that improving the default bindings would be
> appreciated by all.

Ok, I'll try.  I will need to modify ttybrl.c to add the additional
brltty commands and Baum specific keys.

I'm using the Braille Preferences dialog of
Gnopernicus to make sure the Baum keys get mapped to Gnopernicus
commands.  I haven't found the file used by Gnopernicus to store my
changes made in that dialog.

My changes to ttybrl.c will be made starting from the file in the
Gnopernicus 0.10.5 source tarball.

Hope` this helps.
          Kenny