Re: [g-a-devel]RE: (no subject)

On Thu, 2003-05-15 at 16:58, Peter Korn wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I'm sorry if I missed this part of the discussion, but... where is the
> gtkhtml widget used, what is it used to render, and for how long will it be
> used (before we move to something else)?

This is the Evolution html widget.  It's also been oft-proposed as the
"official" GNOME HTML widget.

At the moment it's mostly used in Evo, where CSS and DOM are arguably
less important as you point out.  However the lack of CSS and DOM do
limit the range of situations where it could accessibly extend.  It's
unlikely to be superceded anytime soon, given the fact that the Evo team
prefers this widget and has just ported it to GTK+-2.

I think the answer for our "real HTML" needs is gecko, though there are
divergent opinions on this too.

- Bill