Re: [g-a-devel]Re: A accessibility question for evolution calendar

Bolian:

The time selection widget looks like a table to me.  Though it would be
complex, I am thinking that implementing AtkTable on this widget would
be the right thing to do.  Table widgets use lightweight or transient
object properties to help prevent keeping too many accessible children
in memory at once - for instance you can look at how GailTreeView works,
or other AtkTable objects.  In such a case, you report changes in the
selected children of the table to indicate to clients that the range
selected is changing.  It's up to the assistive technologies to report
this in a sensible way, but of course you need to give the AT sufficient
context information through reasonable accessible-name and table caption
data.

regards,

Bill

On Tue, 2003-08-19 at 11:47, Bolian Yin wrote: Padraig,

There is no accessible object to each half hour period now.  They are
drawn (in the example) by the day view widget.  I think when the
selection changes, the day view widget can send some signal to notify
the change.  I am asking for help how to notify that.  I am afraid there
will be too many accessible objects if create one for each half hour
peroid.

-Bolian

Padraig O'Briain wrote:

    Bolian,

    It looks like Ctrl+DownArrow adds a half hour period to the selected period and
    Ctrl+UpArrow removes a half hour period from the selected period.

    Are there accessible objects corresponding to each half hour period?

    How do you represent selecion and desceleion of a single half hour period using
    DownArrrow and UpArrow?

    Padraig