[g-a-devel]Re: [Usability]Profterm: Theme compliance

Calum Benson wrote:

> Pasupathi Duraisamy wrote:
> >
> > I set my theme to BW.  Profterm provides a feature to set the background
> > and  foreground colors. Hence the profterm settings seem to overrides
> > the BW themes [for the Zvtwidget.]
> >
> > I would like to know if this is the expected/correct behaviour ?
>
> Expected yes, correct no  :)  Perhaps the easiest solution for app[let]s
> that do this sort of thing is to provide "use colours/fonts from the
> current theme" checkboxes in the preferences dialog, where possible...
> we can argue about whether this setting should be the default later!
>
> Gedit does this, which is just as well because right now it defaults to
> black text on a black background... Desiato theme, anyone?  :)
>
> Cheeri,
> Calum.

With respect to Gedit I found that  if we click "use default theme font" it
takes the hard coded font (inside the source) as default one. Similarly for
foreground and background colors it takes from the default style of the
widget.  It doesn't take the values from the rc file.
I believe this is not the correct way.
Coming back to profterm there is already an option for the user to set
different fonts and colors and also the user can maintain different profile
settings.  So IMHO we don't have to implement the check box option that would
allow the user to select between the default theme from rc file and the theme
specified in profterm settings .

Thanks,
Pasupathi