Re: [g-a-devel]KeyNav in Menu Bar Applet (Bug # 74888)

Hi Padraig,

In the latest Menu Bar Apllet ( panel-menu) code.. has some changes that
makes it key navigable now. As of yesterday ( and the day before), the
author has checked in some changes that make this applet fully
navigable.

Basically he now builds a library out of the code and not an executable.
And this applet seems to be now running as a gnome-panel process. I am
not very clear about what's happening here. I will try and explain,

Now, when you add an Menu Bar applet, instead of having a
panel-menu-applet's PID, there will now be a new additional gnome-panel
PID. So I guess... the applet is kind of inprocess.

Anyway, the result is that we now have a fully key - navigable applet.

But, nevertheless, we do have that buggy behaviour of not being able to
navigate if the applet is a separate process ( the gtksocket/gtkplug
stuff I think).

Regards,
Hema.

Padraig O'Briain wrote:

> Hema,
>
> I see what you mean.
>
> I have created an edge panel and added the panel menu applet to it. Previously I
> had added a panel-menu-applet to the FooBar widget and could not access the
> panel-menu-applet using F10 as there was a menu bar in the Foobar widget.
>
> When I press F10 the first menu the Applications menu in the menu bar is
> displayed but the arrow keys do not work correctly. I will try to figure out
> what is happening.
>
> Padraig

> > To: "Padraig O'Briain" <Padraig Obriain sun com>
> > CC: gnome-accessibility-devel gnome org, calum benson sun com
> > Subject: Re: [g-a-devel]KeyNav in Menu Bar Applet (Bug # 74888)
> >

> > Hi Padraig,

> > > At this point do you use arrow keys or Tab keys or both to navigate the
> menus?
> >
> > I use Arrow keys to navigate the menus that make up the applet.
> >
> > > When using the menu bar applet in a different provess does pressing the F10
> key
> > > get the first menu?
> >
> > Yes. f10 - if the focus is set on the applet.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Hema.

Information contained in this E-MAIL being proprietary to Wipro Limited
is 'privileged' and 'confidential' and intended for use only by the
individual or entity to which it is addressed. You are notified that any
use, copying or dissemination of the information contained in the E-MAIL
in any manner whatsoever is strictly prohibited.