Re: [g-a-devel]Bonobo / Gnome Dock ...

Michael Meeks wrote:

>         Is it also neccessary to make undocking, and floating the toolbars
> accessible as well ? and if so can anyone come up with a good metaphore
> for doing this ? or a nice set of interfaces to implement ?

Dunno about interfaces, but from the user's point of view, I imagine the
easiest method would be to allow them to focus the gripper bar thing
(implying that it needs to be in the tab sequence for that toolbar).
Then they could:

- press Space/Enter to dock/undock the toolbar

- when the bar is docked, use the arrow keys to move it around the
docked area, as one can do with the mouse by dragging the gripper, IIRC

- when the bar is floating, use the window manager's usual keyboard
move/resize controls to change its size and position.

There should probably be a right-click/Shift+F10 menu on the gripper bar
as well, with items to let the user quickly dock the toolbar against a
different edge of the parent window.

Cheeri,
Calum.