[g-a-devel]Re: Woah ... atkobjectfactory ...

> Subject: Woah ... atkobjectfactory ...
> To: "Padraig O'Briain" <Padraig Obriain sun com>, Bill Haneman
<bill haneman sun com>
> Cc: accessibility mailing list <gnome-accessibility-devel gnome org>
>
> Hello,
>
> 	I'm just starting to implement my first custom AtkObject, and I must
> say I'm slightly concerned;
>
> 	Surely it can't be the case that every AtkObject has it's own
> AtkObjectFactory ? surely it must be possible (for efficiency reasons)
> to have a single AtkObjectFactory that can manufacture a whole range of
> different AtkObject types ?

It would be possible to use a single AtkObjectFactory to manufacture different
AtkObject types but for the fact that I failed to add a GObject parameter to
atk_object_factory_get_accessible_type().

Until that is sorted out, we are stuck if we want to derive the AtkObject for a
custom widget from the AtkObject of the GTK widget from which the custom widget
is derived.

Padraig